 Robotics / 15087
Re: Looking for orthogonal motion
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 12 Apr 2001 12:18:41 GMT

Hi David,

I have built a robot that does this for a university 'robot maze solver'
project.  My solution is big, ugly, very slow and pretty complex.  It could
probably be improved a lot if it was redesigned.  However, it uses 3 motors
(1 for raising/lowering, 2 for drive) with no pneumatics so it might give
you some ideas.

Unfortunately I have nothing on the web about it but now that I have a
digital camera I'll put up some photos and post the URL when I'm done.  I
could also put up the MLCad drawings too.

See ya,

Tom.

"David M." <ElectroTX@webtv.net> wrote in message
Hi all,

I haven't been able to find anything on the net about a Lego • implementation
of an orthogonal drive system using only motors (i.e. no pnumatics).
Orthogonal is when your your chassis can go straight forward and back, and
also side to side, only. It would involve raising and lowering a second • set
of wheels; hopefully to be done only electrically.
Does anybody know of any sites with this type of setup?

TIA,
--Electro--