 Robotics / 15085
Re: Looking for orthogonal motion
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 12 Apr 2001 11:30:44 GMT

Hi David,

we had the same problem and solved it not using your raising-lowering idea (we
also thought about it ;-) ) but we build a synchrodrive.

Have a look at it if interested.

http://www.informatik.fh-hamburg.de/~lego/Projekte/projekte_englisch.html

In lugnet.robotics, David Martineau writes:
Hi all,

I haven't been able to find anything on the net about a Lego implementation
of an orthogonal drive system using only motors (i.e. no pnumatics).
Orthogonal is when your your chassis can go straight forward and back, and
also side to side, only. It would involve raising and lowering a second set
of wheels; hopefully to be done only electrically.
Does anybody know of any sites with this type of setup?

TIA,
--Electro--