 Robotics / 15029
  RE: robotica on TLC

My 6 year-old daughter and I belly up to a big ole bowl of popcorn and watch each and every Monday while Mom is away. I remember hearing somewhere that Junkyard Wars is moving to LA. Has anyone else heard this? Steven B. Combs, MS, CIT Associate (...) (23 years ago, 10-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Junkyard Wars (was: Re: robotica on TLC)

(...) I think the plan is to continue filming the UK episodes in the UK (under the original title 'Scrapheap Challenge') and film the US episodes in the US, probably near LA. We would then get to see both shows as JW on TLC. I don't know if the (...) (23 years ago, 10-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  RE: Junkyard Wars (was: Re: robotica on TLC)

Hey!!! Great Idea, maybe next year we will sponsor this contest at our college. Hmmm....I will have to think about this. Steven B. Combs, MS, CIT Associate Professor - Instructional Technologist Ivy Tech Community College of Indiana 3501 First (...) (23 years ago, 10-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Junkyard Wars (was: Re: robotica on TLC)

(...) The closest I know is RoboGladiator: (URL) Jürgen Stuber <stuber@loria.fr> (URL) (23 years ago, 13-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Junkyard Wars (was: Re: robotica on TLC)

(...) robots. (23 years ago, 13-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Junkyard Wars (was: Re: robotica on TLC)

(...) Hello, My friends and I are doing a thing called BattleBricks. We've had autonomous and rc battles. Our competition list consists of both AI & Manual robotics. While RoboGladiators was a one time thing put on by Lego, we are a group of guys in (...) (23 years ago, 14-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Junkyard Wars (was: Re: robotica on TLC)

(...) As are the 'robots' in Junkyard Wars (if that's the TV show I saw in Britain last year). Jürgen (23 years ago, 16-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Junkyard Wars (was: Re: robotica on TLC)

(...) We are planning some contests like this, using JStamp as the controller (that will be a requirement), at next year's JavaOne conference. We're also planning an RCX-compatible supercontroller based on JStamp (imagine what an 80 MHz 32-bit CPU (...) (23 years ago, 16-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics)