 Robotics / 14974
Re: New Outdoor Robot Photos
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.publish.photography
Date:
Sat, 7 Apr 2001 02:46:10 GMT

Graet Pix and Great designs, I'd like to see video of them in action!!!!

In lugnet.robotics, Micah J. Mabelitini writes:
I took some new photos of a couple of my robots, and they came out
pretty good so I thought I'd share them. The photos were taken outdoors
in indirect sunlight, with a Canon Powershot S20 3.34MP mounted on a
Velbon tripod. Post-processing consisted of scaling the images down to
70%, cropping them to 1024x768, tweaking the brightness/contrast values
slightly, and compressing the images some so they weren't 1.2M apiece.
The only problem I had was that the solar walker kept trying to leave :)

http://www.users.kih.net/~micahx/rcxbug35.jpg
http://www.users.kih.net/~micahx/solarbug22.jpg

Be forwarned, each photo is in the 600K neighborhood. Comments on robot
design, photographic quality etc. are all welcome.