 Robotics / 14863
    NQC for Palm —Chris 'Xenon' Hanson
    I'm considering the ambitious undertaking of trying to port NQC to my Palm IIIx. I've gotten the RCXlib running, though the demo program seems to not be able to find my RCX 'alive'. I know GCC can be used to generate Palm apps, and NQC doesn't seem (...) (23 years ago, 3-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: NQC for Palm —Carl Jagt
     (...) Greetings, Chris! Have you seen Mike Kory's BrickRemote? ((URL) His app relies on a physical connection with the Lego IR Tower (serial port) and (I'm probably speaking way out of turn here) also appears to be able to by-pass any need to (...) (23 years ago, 3-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics)

         Re: NQC for Palm —Chris 'Xenon' Hanson
     (...) I hadn't. Don't have the necessary serial connectors to do so, and it seems like it would be bulky and awkward even if successful. I'd be very happy to eliminate the IR tower from my laptop too, if there were any way to make Lego IR and IrDA (...) (23 years ago, 3-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: NQC for Palm —Santiágo Peresón
   (...) i thought of doing something like it, but don't really have the time. (...) i'd use it instead of my computer! (...) i've got very little experience in writing for the PalmOS, but i found it quite easy, specially for this kind of program. i've (...) (23 years ago, 4-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: NQC for Palm —Mike Fusion
   <snip> it's too bad that all of you just HAVE to use a palm OS device. someone a long time ago ported nqc to windowsce and it works fine, i'm able to do on the fly programming and uploading with a first generation device, which i'm actually unhappy (...) (23 years ago, 4-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics)