 Robotics / 14865
Re: NQC for Palm
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 3 Apr 2001 18:30:04 GMT

Carl Jagt wrote:

   Have you seen Mike Kory's BrickRemote?

   I hadn't. Don't have the necessary serial connectors to do
so, and it seems like it would be bulky and awkward even if
successful. I'd be very happy to eliminate the IR tower from
my laptop too, if there were any way to make Lego IR and IrDA
agreeable, which apparently there isn't. ;(

(http://node-02.advancenet.net/~kory/pilot/) His app relies on a physical
connection with the Lego IR Tower (serial port) and (I'm probably speaking
way out of turn here) also appears to be able to by-pass any need to
repackage Lego's IR protocol into the Palm's. Might this approach be of help
or are you looking to use the Palm/Visor's internal IR?

   I'd rather use the internal IR. Less bulk, and there's
already the RCXlib. I guess I could code it to work either
way, RCXlib using internal IR, or serial port using IR tower.

   Best of luck with the project! I look foward to NCQ on my Visor!! ;-)

   Text editing would be less than fluid, so I wouldn't want to
write _big_ programs with it, but it'd be perfect to carry to
competitions for last-minute fixes and adjustments.

   Cheers,
Carl Jagt

Chris - Xenon
--