 Robotics / 14864
Re: NQC for Palm
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 3 Apr 2001 18:14:08 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, xenon@3dnature.com writes:
  I'm considering the ambitious undertaking of trying to port NQC
to my Palm IIIx.
  Seems like I'd mostly need to rewrite the comms object in NQC to
use RCXLib's Palm IR code, and then make a GUI for controlling
command-line options. I feel these are both within my abilities.
Chris - Xenon

Greetings, Chris!

   Have you seen Mike Kory's BrickRemote?
(http://node-02.advancenet.net/~kory/pilot/) His app relies on a physical
connection with the Lego IR Tower (serial port) and (I'm probably speaking
way out of turn here) also appears to be able to by-pass any need to
repackage Lego's IR protocol into the Palm's. Might this approach be of help
or are you looking to use the Palm/Visor's internal IR?

   Best of luck with the project! I look foward to NCQ on my Visor!! ;-)

   Cheers,

Carl Jagt