 Robotics / 14750
Re: Solar cells and caps: lego part #s
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 27 Mar 2001 02:28:39 GMT

Bruce Boyes wrote:

Do you have the Lego part numbers for these?

The solar cell is part no. 32339, and the capacitor is part no. 32342.

Is the capacitor like the commercial MaxCaps or SuperCaps? If so, we use
these for NVRAM backup and could use them or might make them available to
interested people.

Ok I unscrewed the capacitor's housing to get a better look. The main
capacitor is a "Gold Cap" brand electrolytic, 2.5V, 1F (!). It's
soldered to a small circuit board, which also features two transistors,
a ceramic capacitor, a diode, two resistors, a LED (which blinks when
the main capacitor is fully charged), and another electrolytic, rated
6.3V, 100uF. Hope that helps.

--

Regards

Micah J. Mabelitini - LUGNET #918