 Robotics / 14681
Re: Solar-Powered Hexapod Walker
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.dacta
Date:
Tue, 20 Mar 2001 19:03:45 GMT

Henry OneTimeCRX wrote:

<snip>

Perhaps put a solar panel on each side, with each panel connected to one
side of the robot...  So when there is less/no sunlight on one side, the
robot walks the other direction?

<snip>

Yup, I had the same idea a few days ago. Use two laterally symmetrical
solar cells, angled outward A-frame style. Connect the solar cells to
the motor on the side opposite of them and you'd have an automatically
light-seeking robot.

--

Regards

Micah J. Mabelitini - LUGNET #918
The University of Kentucky
SECC Middlesboro Academic Skills Resource Center
accutron@kih.net - http://www.users.kih.net/~micahx/