 Robotics / 14650
14649  |  14651
Subject:
Edge Tracking SteerBot LUGNET Page
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 16 Mar 2001 01:11:35 GMT

I just put up a page with photos and NQC code of my SteerBot robot.
SteerBot is an edge tracking robot that steers like a car.

http://www.lugnet.com/~726/SteerBot

Some background:
Since getting my first Mindstorms kit a few years ago, I attempted several
times to build a line or edge tracking robot that steers like a car.  Until
this January, all my attempts were either total failures or very slow and
unstable. The usual result was a robot that oscillated back and forth over
the line as soon as the robot started to move a little too fast.  I was also
plagued by inaccuracy problems with the rotation sensor when I used that to
determine the current steering angle.  SteerBot is, in many ways, a much
simpler design then anything I tried before and that is probably why it
works so much better.

Take a look and let me know what you think.

Gus Jansson
Issaquah, WA USA