 Robotics / 14618
Re: Gear Down Robot`
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 12 Mar 2001 07:17:52 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Ahui Herrera writes:
Has anyone created a geared down robot with a gear ratio of 8:40 x 8:40?
My original creation is not 'good enough' to go in a straight line and after
all the repsonds to my original message I still can not build one.  I suck
at the building part of robots. =(

What I need is help on building a wheeled robot (NO THREADS) that has a gear
down ratio of 8:40 x 8:40 and that uses two rotational sensor on the motors.
The roational sensors must be placed before the gear down occurs.  The robot
can have 2, 3, or 4 wheels.

Any websites, photos, or building instructions would be greatly appreciated.
Picture of my 1st creation can be seen at

http://www.geocities.com/jedi_agh/temp/NQC_UAV.htm

Thanks
Ahui

I have an MLCad .dat (substructure) file I can send you, or anybody, if
wanted. NOt sure of the ratio, though.
Might give you ideas though. Send your email address to my email address at
ElectroDFW <at> cs <dot> com, with subject: Geartrain.
It's a modular design meant to be used in multiple models without rebuilding
it; just remove it from one and attach it to another. One caveat, tho, it
uses the old-syle lego motors (i.e. ungeared), but should be a simple mod to
build it with the other, newer, one.

de doo doo doo, de dah dah dah,
--Electro--