 Robotics / 14338
    leJOS article in JavaWorld —Jonathan Knudsen
   Enjoy! (URL) (24 years ago, 12-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

        Re: article in JavaWorld and Garbage Collection —Corey Snipes
   Great article, Jonathan! That's exactly what I need to get started. Your point about garbage collection (esp. lack thereof) reminded me of a question I have for everyone: Since LeJOS doesn't currently implement garbage collection, it seems there are (...) (24 years ago, 24-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

        Re: article in JavaWorld and Garbage Collection —J Austin David
     (...) How 'bout implementing a "recycler" of some sort? Running it periodically in a quieter control thread, or just not using it at all for smaller, tighter code? --- J Austin David austindavid.com austin@gtf.org "Only two things are infinite: The (...) (24 years ago, 26-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: article in JavaWorld and Garbage Collection —Søren Hilmer
   (...) I would not call it running counter to many folks' Java sensibilities, this suggestion simply violates one of the main Java principles. I sincerely hope that nobody even remotely considers implementing this. The only correct way of (...) (24 years ago, 27-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)