 Robotics / 14266
Re: OmniRemote and Mindstorms Update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 7 Feb 2001 17:09:34 GMT

Jeffrey Hazen wrote:

One wonders if the library could be used with pbForth?  If I understand
from some of Ralph's postings, his pbForth was originally intended to be a
derivative of Quartus Forth, running on the Palm.  This would wrap it all
up for me.

I don't know if it can, or not. I can ask him, but since he doesn't use
pbForth, either, I couldn't tell you if he'll have an answer or not. If
you have any documents on extensibility of pbForth, then send them to
me, and I'll try to give you a better response than this one.

In my mind this has a great deal to do with the "searching for
alternatives" thread.  For me, it's more of a convenience thing.  Wouldn't
it be nice to play around with a handheld, rather than be tied to the
desktop PC.  I'm not likely to try and put the Palm into a robot and send
it about the room, then again if I could.....

If you could, that would be keen, wouldn't it. :) In any case, yes, it's
definitely a convenience issue.

I don't know how libraries are handled on the pilot, in any case - I
suspect it's a C library wrapped up in a pdb file, like every other
piece of code (since the palm doesn't have a filesystem; it has
databases.) If pbForth can interface to something like that, all the better.