 Robotics / 14263
RE: OmniRemote and Mindstorms Update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 7 Feb 2001 13:27:36 GMT

This sounds very cool!  I have the demo of an older O.R., but I don't use
it that much.  I don't watch a lot of TV.  I would buy a copy if I thought
it would play well with the bricks.

One wonders if the library could be used with pbForth?  If I understand
from some of Ralph's postings, his pbForth was originally intended to be a
derivative of Quartus Forth, running on the Palm.  This would wrap it all
up for me.

In my mind this has a great deal to do with the "searching for
alternatives" thread.  For me, it's more of a convenience thing.  Wouldn't
it be nice to play around with a handheld, rather than be tied to the
desktop PC.  I'm not likely to try and put the Palm into a robot and send
it about the room, then again if I could.....

My 2C

Jeff

Jeffrey Hazen
North Mill Technology