 Robotics / 14253
Re: Pneumatic tubing...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 6 Feb 2001 20:50:50 GMT

John Barnes wrote:

Perhaps Jennifer C. would comment, I had sent her a trial piece a few weeks
ago, if
she's listening.

I'd pretty much echo what John has said - it is good stuff, with a couple of
limitations, the main one being that the inner diameter is too small to allow it
to be pushed onto flex system tubes. I've used it on the bucket section of my skid
steer loader where its narrower appearance is actually superior to the official
Lego tubing. It stays on the connectors pretty well (I've had it there for a few
months now) only popping off twice in that period not due to pressure but due to a
slight stretch over time. Pushing it back on in this case worked fine. If you have
the strength to push the tube all the way onto the connectors I think this would
happen less but I've yet to be able to do this :-)

Jennifer Clark