 Robotics / 14245
Re: ROBOLAB for non PowerPC macs?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 6 Feb 2001 16:36:32 GMT

Short answer: no.

Long answer:
The demos you are thinking of were for the LEGO Dacta Serial Interface Box
(Interface B) or earlier.  There is a ROBOLAB-like non-PowerPC interface called
LEGO Engineer for that old hardware.  I can't remember why ROBOLAB went
non-PowerPC... whether LabVIEW (which ROBOLAB is written in) stopped supporting
the platform or whether it just would have been too slow.

In lugnet.robotics, Robert Small <robert@murray-small.com> writes:
I just purchased ROBOLAB from Pitsco/Dacta. It appears to run on a
PowerPC only. I've seen Lego robot demos that go way back. Is there
a non PowerPC version of ROBOLAB?

--Robert