 Robotics / 14226
Re: FAQ Needed?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.faq
Date:
Mon, 5 Feb 2001 03:44:34 GMT

I'll do you one better. Tim, If you (or any robotics expert) will locate
posts in lugnet.robotics that contain the most frequent questions and
answers (can be the same or different posts) then I'll edit the posts into
the FAQ Todd referred to. Or, as Shiri suggests, it's not that hard to
create an FTX-based FAQ if you have the time and inclination; I'm happy to
link to your efforts.

Cary

"Shiri Dori" <shirid@hotmail.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.robotics, Todd Lehman writes:
In lugnet.robotics, Tim Hatch writes:
I've been looking at the sheer volume of topics that required the • suggestion
"go do a search on Lugnet" recently.  Some of these, like the pneumatic
tubing, the "why does my RCX 1.5 say 1.0?" and "What can I use to
Program/Where can I get new Firmware?" questions could fit well.  Of • course,
why fould people read an FAQ when they most likely won't do a search?
Anyway, thoughts requested.

POLL: What does everyone think of an FAQ site for lego-robotics in • general?

Cary Clark has assembled a multi-disciplinary LEGO FAQ here:

  http://www.lugnet.com/~330/FAQ/

based on items posted to lugnet.faq over the past couple of years.  The
robotics section is currently small, but contributions are always welcome
(feel free to crosspost questions and answers to lugnet.faq).

Or of course, Tim, if you've got enough time on you hands, you could • create
a robotics FAQ with questions you feel are appropriate, and then ask Cary • to
link to it. :-) Making an FAQ is easier than one might think...

Once I decided to try for an acronym FAq, I just kept a text document of
acronyms for a while, adding any that I saw; and when I thought it was • worth
posting, I did. At first I put it up as a post, but once Todd added FTX
pages to member benefits, I made a page; it's simpler to update.
( http://www.lugnet.com/~88/acronym_faq/ )

Worth a shot, I'd say!

-Shiri