 Robotics / 14168
  Re: Fw: Saw RCX brick at Goodwill

(...) Hi chrisb, I would recommend Dave Baums NQC (Not Quite C) for you as a rookie ;-) You can find it here : (URL) if you're living in a windows world you can use the RCXCC (RXC Command Center ; don't know who's responsible for this :( ) located (...) (24 years ago, 31-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Fw: Saw RCX brick at Goodwill

(...) You forgot to mention that he'll have to head over to www.lego.com to download a copy of the RCX firmware - RCX 2.0 firmware is recommended (and yes, it works just fine on RCX 1.0 and 1.5 hardware) If you can't find it on the Lego site - let (...) (24 years ago, 1-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Fw: Saw RCX brick at Goodwill

(...) a (...) Oops, of course you're right ! The new (2.0) firmware is included in the Lego "RCX 2.0 Beta SDK" You can find it at (URL) the right bottom corner is a link to "Hacker Info - RCX 2.0 BETA SDK" On the bottom of the appearing page you're (...) (24 years ago, 1-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Fw: Saw RCX brick at Goodwill

(...) Or go directly to (URL) Jürgen Stuber <stuber@loria.fr> (URL) (24 years ago, 1-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Fw: Saw RCX brick at Goodwill

hmmm, downloaded the Beta but get a fail boot mode error when trying to update the firmware. the brick says rcx 1.0 on it and i'm running SDK on an NT machine, am heading to the archives to look for answers.. ...unless someone knows a quick (...) (24 years ago, 1-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Fw: Saw RCX brick at Goodwill

(...) I use it all the time with my RCX 1.0 - with the latest NQC, you really *need* that new firmware. Also, whilst it's still shown as being in Beta test, we know that RCX 2.0 is coming *soon* so we have to guess that the software is pretty much (...) (24 years ago, 2-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Fw: Saw RCX brick at Goodwill

took a battery out / reset the brick. it's communicating with SDK now. i'll lay off the knee jerk reaction to post to the list until i read up in the archives and manuals. thanks for enduring my initial spurt of enthusiasm guys chrisb ----- Original (...) (24 years ago, 2-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics)