 Robotics / 13950
  Sharing USB cable between IR and VC?

The Vision Command camera is connected to the PC using USB. In RIS 2.0 the IR tower will use USB too. Can I put both the VC camera and the IR tower on the mobile robot, and make them share the same umbilical cord to the PC? Will I also need to put a (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Sharing USB cable between IR and VC?

(...) If I understand USB you will need a HUB. You can't just splice them together. Dean -- Coin-Op's For Sale!: (URL) Lego Workshop: (URL) Lego Club: (URL) (23 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Sharing USB cable between IR and VC?

(...) 1. There are actually a USB hub inside the CAM. Both the logitech cam and mic are connected to this hub. (That's why you find 3 devices in the windows 9.x after you installed the driver) 2. The case material is transparent. It means a IR or (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  RE: Sharing USB cable between IR and VC?

Probably not a good idea. First, unless you replace the cable on the camera, you'll have to roll it up and carry it on your robot. USB cables have a minimum length, so you need another rolled up USB cable carried on your robot to connect the tower (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Sharing USB cable between IR and VC?

(...) 1. The "hub" inside the camera will not help you unless it actually has additional "ports" on it. It's probably a one port "USB Hub" which is present as a result of logitech using someone else's USB solution instead of developing a custom (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics)