 Robotics / 13953
Re: Sharing USB cable between IR and VC?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 17 Jan 2001 01:34:11 GMT

Hao-yang Wang wrote:

The Vision Command camera is connected to the PC using USB. In RIS 2.0 the
IR tower will use USB too. Can I put both the VC camera and the IR tower on
the mobile robot, and make them share the same umbilical cord to the PC?
Will I also need to put a "hub" or something like that on the robot?

Cheers,
Hao-yang Wang

If I understand USB you will need a HUB. You can't just splice them together.

Dean
--
Coin-Op's For Sale!: http://www.akasa.bc.ca/tfm/coin-op.html
Dean's Lego Workshop: http://www.akasa.bc.ca/tfm/lego_wr.html