 Robotics / 13934
Re: Motor mis-match.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 15 Jan 2001 17:19:33 GMT

Why not eliminate the vagueness of RCX's output circuitry altogether
by running the motors from a stabilized bench supply set to 9.000 volts.

That's is what I did when I characterized all my motors. I measured the
rpm and wrote it on the bottom of the motor casing with a fine point
permanent marker. This way, it is very easy to select a matched set of
two or four motors.

I have had a lot of success using four matched motors when building
tracked platforms. (One motor front and back on each side.) The ability
to maintain an accurate course is substantially improved over random
motor selection.

JB