 Robotics / 13819
    Re: Elimating the need for the IR tower —John Barnes
   I have been following this thread for a while and it suddenly crossed my mind that the originator of the thread may have had a slightly different requirement than the current thread's interpretation is addressing. I traced out the circuitry in the (...) (23 years ago, 10-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics)

        RE: Elimating the need for the IR tower —Ralph Hempel
     (...) <snip> (...) <snip> (...) John, This would be neat in the short term, especially for little PDAs and such that don't have a standard DB9. But the biggest benefit (in my opinion) would be in classrooms. With a low power transmitter, there would (...) (23 years ago, 10-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Elimating the need for the IR tower —Dean Husby
     (...) If it worked it would be great to be able to connect a super short version to a PALM or Pocket PC type device. If it could be transmitting and receiving all the time you could do some wonders with it. Dean -- Coin-Op's For Sale!: (URL) Lego (...) (23 years ago, 10-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Elimating the need for the IR tower —David Martineau
   (...) What I'm wondering, is could the timer circuit be eliminated? From previous posts, I know a lot of people would like to have their towers ready to recieve at any time, without it shutting down from lack of activity. People have been adding to (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics)