 Robotics / 13735
Re: New Contest at BrickBots.Com - Stair Climbing Ends Today?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 4 Jan 2001 22:00:06 GMT

Hi Bob,

I am glad you agree, these contests have certainly caused me to stretch my
building wings.  Scoring is based on the distance to your target, the
further your robot can throw, the greater your score.  Alternatively, you
could go for a target that is closer and always hit the center section for
the bonus score.

You get to place the target at the distance/location you think your robot
can throw.  The main point is that you can not change the location of the
target throughout the three tries.

This might seem easy (and perhaps it is!) but I believe some of the slop in
any lego mechanism will make a builder think hard about the distance vs.
accuracy relationship.

Best Regards,

Rich

In lugnet.robotics, Bob Hayes writes:
Rich,
I think contests are a great motivator for building.  I am thinking about
entering, and I have a question.  The rules say "Place the target at a
pre-determined location relative to your robot". Can this be any distance?
How is the distance determined?
Bob

----
Accuracy Over Distance
Starts: 1/4/01 Ends: 1/18/01

Build a robot to throw ping-pong balls into a distant target.  Score is
based on the distance to the target, with a bonus for hitting a 'bulls-eye'.

Details: http://brickbots.com/currentview.asp?cid=18
Rules: http://brickbots.com/rules.asp?cid=18
----

Rich