 Robotics / 13733
13732  |  13734
Subject:
New Contest at BrickBots.Com - Stair Climbing Ends Today?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 4 Jan 2001 21:30:24 GMT

Hello All,

Now that I am back from vacation and have digested hundreds of emails full
of great lego information, I have finally had a chance to start the newest
contest at BrickBots.Com:

----
Accuracy Over Distance
Starts: 1/4/01 Ends: 1/18/01

Build a robot to throw ping-pong balls into a distant target.  Score is
based on the distance to the target, with a bonus for hitting a 'bulls-eye'.

Details: http://brickbots.com/currentview.asp?cid=18
Rules: http://brickbots.com/rules.asp?cid=18
----

Today is also the end date for the Stair Climbing Contest (
http://brickbots.com/currentview.asp?cid=16 ).  There are no entries yet (I
hope to post mine this evening), but I have communicated with a few people
who were working on stair climbing bots.  This contest has been in progress
for a while, and I want to be sure that anyone close to finished has a
chance to enter.  If you are close, and need a day or two more, please email
me and let me know.  Be sure to include the number of days you might need.
If everyone has not given up and I get some request I will extend the
contest a few days.

Otherwise.. I look forward to seeing all these stair climbing robots in action!

Rich

richard at webbox dot com