 Robotics / 13699
13698  |  13700
Subject:
Using laptop IR Port instead of the IR Tower
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 2 Jan 2001 15:36:58 GMT

Hey folks,

Has anyone been able to use a Thinkpad IR Port to talk to the RCX?

I have been programming the RCX using spirit.ocx. All is well with the
IR Tower connected to a serial port. I would like to get rid of the IR tower
and use the built-in IR port on the Laptop. Is this possible?

I have tried enabling the IR Port (which tests fine) and setting it up in
Windows
to something like :

   databits=8
   baudrate=2400
   parity=odd
   stopbits=1

and then running my code but without success.

Any ideas on how to get this to work?

Ideally I'd like to modify my RCX to use no use IR at all (it is such a pain
and I'd rather just have it attached directly to a serial port)

Thanks for any help,

-Matt