 Robotics / 13698
Re: Help! I think I nuked my IR transmitter!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 3 Jan 2001 00:37:43 GMT

John Phillips here, I hope this comes out on the correct thread. I'm not
quite sure how to post replies, if it does't any help on how to post replies
would be appreciated. Monday after reading a few suggestions I thought I'd
try again, well this time the tower worked! I tried it (every suggestion the
instructions said) four times before posting original mess.. If I had to
guess I'd say it was the COM connection. After close inspection it seemed
strained. Well with the tower working then the RCX needed the firmware
downloaded again. I wonder why that was. Could it have been from changing
the batteries? All in all a little more attention to details next time will
cause a lot less grief.
  Now I can stop beating myself up over thinking I fried my tower and start
building with some new pieces I received. Thanks to all who replied.