 Robotics / 13571
13570  |  13572
Subject:
2 motors 4 drive axles
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 27 Dec 2000 03:22:10 GMT

I have devised a method to use two motors to drive 4 output shafts, in
either a forward or backward direction.  One motor drives the output shaft,
while the other selects which shaft is driven.  I have a rough mlcad file of
the test bed device, which I'd be delighted to post if I can find out how to
upload the file.  My principal motivation in posting the concept is to see
if any of the resident wizards in this newsgroup can shrink the size and
piece count to make the idea more useful.  The aim of the concept is to
overcome the limitation of both motors (I have three) and output ports on
the RCX brick, while allow bi-directional output.  If any participant in the
newgroup has a website and would be willing to devote a page to the model,
please advise.  Thanks to all who have posted ideas, suggestions, concepts,
etc. for some great info.