 Robotics / 13544
Re: Moving up in the world...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 21 Dec 2000 19:57:32 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dave Low" <stinglessbee@hotSPAMFREEmail.com>
To: <lugnet.robotics@lugnet.com>; <lugnet.loc.au@lugnet.com>
Sent: Friday, December 22, 2000 5:24 AM
Subject: Re: Moving up in the world...

In lugnet.robotics, Julian Gomez <jeg@polished-pixels.com> writes:
on 12/21/00 06:15, Hardison, Leif at lhardison@comversens.com wrote:
My latest challenge to myself has been to explore the upward movement
possibilities of a Lego Mindstorms robot.  I'm curious if others on this
list have built any robots that climb or have some type of movement that
sticks out from the trend of roll around on the ground.  Two challenges • my

At the Mindstorms Mall Tour 2000 they showed off a robot which climbs up • and
down a wall. The wall has to be built for the purpose, with holes at a
certain spacing. The robot can be done with the parts in one RIS box,
although there was one brick type I'm not sure I've seen before. They said
the plans will be on the website within a month, although the guy I talked
to wasn't sure how they'd make the program available.

There is no way that the wall climber uses pieces from a single RIS. It uses
three motors, and four touch sensors. It also requires permanent
modification of some pieces, such as a 1*2 plate, and the hooking piece.

later,
David Drew