 Robotics / 13541
Re: Moving up in the world...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 21 Dec 2000 17:59:30 GMT

on 12/21/00 06:15, Hardison, Leif at lhardison@comversens.com wrote:
My latest challenge to myself has been to explore the upward movement
possibilities of a Lego Mindstorms robot.  I'm curious if others on this
list have built any robots that climb or have some type of movement that
sticks out from the trend of roll around on the ground.  Two challenges my

At the Mindstorms Mall Tour 2000 they showed off a robot which climbs up and
down a wall. The wall has to be built for the purpose, with holes at a
certain spacing. The robot can be done with the parts in one RIS box,
although there was one brick type I'm not sure I've seen before. They said
the plans will be on the website within a month, although the guy I talked
to wasn't sure how they'd make the program available.
--
"Those who cast the votes decide nothing. Those who count the votes decide
everything." - Joseph Stalin

Dr. Julian "a tribble took it " Gomez
mailto:jeg@polished-pixels.com ** http://www.polished-pixels.com/
member of original Apple Computer QuickDraw 3-D development team
former Chief Scientist, LEGO A/S, SPU-Darwin