 Robotics / 13502
Re: Opening RCX Code programs in Web Browser gives text
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Sun, 17 Dec 2000 01:53:30 GMT

I should add that this was Internet Explorer 5.5.  I just discovered that
this does not work with Netscape... although maybe there is some setting
that you can do to make it happen.  Of course, I could always link the .rcx
extension with launching probe.exe, but that is not as fun.

-Ben

In lugnet.robotics, Ben Erwin writes:
I don't know if this has already been discovered a dozen times before (I
would search to find out, but the text search cgi is down!)... but I just
found something cool.

If you put a link to any RCX Code program with a .rcx extension in a web
browser and click on that link, a text version of that program comes up in
the browser.  Pretty nifty.  Here is the result of one of my programs in my
up and coming book, Creative Projects with LEGO Mindstorms.  I found this
cool feature while QA-ing my CD-ROM, which is filled with example programs,
movies, and instructions.

and here is a little plug for the book:
http://shop.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?isbn=0201708957

This program is for the Flashlight Follower.

PROGTXT1Â// Flashlight2.rcx

#source RIS1.5
#target RCX

main [
sensor s1 on 1
output motorA on 1
output motorB on 2
output motorC on 3
forward [motorA motorB motorC]
power [motorA motorB motorC] 7
s1 is light as percent
start progTask
wait 10
watch s1 [
   when 0..50 [ ]
   when 51..100 [ start task1 ]
]
]

task progTask [
on [motorA motorC]
forever [
   power [motorA motorC] 0
   forward motorC
   backward motorA
   wait 30
   forward motorA
   backward motorC
   wait 30
]
]

task task1
[
while s1 is 50..100 [
   backward [motorA motorC]
]
]

DESCTXT2zRobot's name:

What it looks like:

What it can do:

So the real question is, can someone write a utility that will automatically
translate this code into spirit.ocx usable code, like in Visual Basic, or
translate it into NQC, etc.???  That would be pretty neat.

-Ben