 Robotics / 13490
  Re: vision command idea...

(...) Yes, I agree here. I suspect much of it has to do with the weight and balance of a Technic model, which is going to be vastly different, even in scale terms, from a real vehicle. Saying that, the suspension on the 8448 seems pretty realistic, (...) (24 years ago, 15-Dec-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: vision command idea...

(...) Many kinds of construction equpiment actually use unsprung suspensions, so I think this is a sane approach. A telescopic handler, for example, needs to be able to lift many different kinds of weights, hence it cannot have the kind of (...) (24 years ago, 17-Dec-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: vision command idea...

(...) Indeed - I've seen a good variation of this with a 4 axled vehicle which had two bogies with two axles each. Each pair of wheels on the side of each bogie had longitudinal pendulum type unsprung suspension, and the front bogie had an (...) (24 years ago, 18-Dec-00, to lugnet.robotics)