 Robotics / 1346
Re: 1999 Technic Car
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 11 Dec 1998 04:57:22 GMT

Tim Rueger wrote in message ...
mattdm@mattdm.org wrote:
I am unimpressed, to put it nicely, with the new parts -- they look big and
very special purpose. The car is pretty much already half-built.

Hmm. I'm not happy about the arrival of Technic CRAPPs that this seems to show.
Especially since there seem to be at least three different types, plus isomers.
And it's red. Gack.

But on the other hand there do seem to be some interesting possibilities - I'm
guessing the supercar gearbox will appear again, and those wheels look quite
nice. Better than this years big Technic wheels, which look wrong outside of
a future setting.

I'll probably get it, but it won't be better than
the 8880.  It's likely Lego will have simplified
8448's construction in keeping with recent trends.  And
that may not be a bad thing, either - I can't imagine
anything being more complex than the 8480 Space
Shuttle's motor multiplexer.

I'm not sure I'll buy more than one right now - and I'm definitely in favour
of more models as complex as the space shuttle.

I think the two small panels in the front  are the
same, just rotated w.r.t. each other.

I don't see the second tube in the frontmost set of panels.

Moz