 Robotics / 1331
Re: 1999 Technic Car
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 11 Dec 1998 13:55:34 GMT

"Dave Forrest" <davef@shmoopie.com> writes:

When I think of a "Super Car" I picture something like:

http://www.public.asu.edu/~pebbea/index.html

I think Lego should try to make a more detailed/complex car.

The new super car look incomplete, and so did the old super car.

Well, have you tried to make a car as detailed as Jonathan Stephenson's
some time?  I have, and let me tell you that the weight and shear number
of pieces needed is unbelievable.  I've used up to three large shock
absorbers on each wheel and mounted them vertically, and still they have
only barely kept the model up.

I would estimate that a car like Jonathan Stephenson's has approximately
three times the number pieces of an average LEGO Supercar model.  So you
could multiply the price by three as well.  This makes it an awesome
model, but it wouldn't sell too much, I think.

Fredrik