 Robotics / 13439
Re: Help with my robot
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 12 Dec 2000 05:07:30 GMT

My first suggestion would be a swivel wheel in the front to make turning
easier for the bot.
The only solution to your programming would be two rotation sensors to aid
in running straight and to measure the distance that you have traveled. This
would also measure the distance required to turn.
You could go for a line follower using the light sensor. This can give you
an accurate turn and you could control the distance using a gray and black
track.
Here is a NQC program for two rotation sensors running in a staright line.
task main()
{
SetSensor(SENSOR_1,SENSOR_ROTATION); ClearSensor(SENSOR_1);
SetSensor(SENSOR_3,SENSOR_ROTATION); ClearSensor(SENSOR_3);
while (true)
{
if (SENSOR_1 < SENSOR_3)
{OnFwd(OUT_A); Float(OUT_C);}