 Robotics / 13234
Re: Book question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 22 Nov 2000 19:18:05 GMT

1) Unofficial Guide to Lego Mindstorms (O'Reilly)
2) Dave Baum's Definite Guide to Lego Mindstorms
You can email me personally to keep personal bias off the list ;)

Actually, I wouldn't mind hearing some honest reviews of
both books, especially from people who have both.
Anyone?  Anyone?

I went with Dave Baum's because I was told it had better
description of building technique, which is where I'm
weak.

But then I saw Knudsen's Minerva model instructions at

http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/lmstorms/building/minerva1.5/StepsA.html

from the Unofficial Guide to LEGO Mindstorms.  It's
really clever and economical in its use of motors and
sensors.  He gets forward and spin-in-place movement
without a differential, plus lifting and grabbing.

I'm really curious about this book!

--Sean