 Robotics / 13097
Re: Opinions on the Ultimate Accessory set
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 8 Nov 2000 22:07:08 GMT

Hi all,

I was wondering what peoples opinions were on the Ultimate Accessory kit? I
recently found it on sale, but I wasn't sure how good of a value it was for
the price - robotics wise. The traditional price/piece calculation doesn't
seem appropriate for this set.

I like the remote.  The rotation sensor is good, too (easily lets you
tie a motor to a steering wheel, for instance -- or a tach).

The pieces themselves are mostly novel; an extra touch sensor, some
weird stuff ... but I dig the remote.  Unfortunately it can't
distinguish between RCX units, so my scount and RCX both react when
I hit buttons.
---
    J Austin David austindavid.com austin@gtf.org
      Life is hard.  It's harder if you use NT.