 Robotics / 13024
RE: Old idea or new idea?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 2 Nov 2000 20:01:16 GMT

Only becasue I've spent the last few weeks getting a single "multiple
RCX" thing to work, by means of the message transmit receive function,
did it cross my mind that you could build little smart bricks which
communicate with the RCX via this function. This cannot be a new idea,
but as I said, I must have missed it the first time. I assume that you
could have sensor bricks and motor control bricks which are addressed
by some simple message byte convention and which would hang off of
a daisy chain of wires from a 9v battery pack.

Sounds like the MIT "Cricket" to me John....

As an embedded guy yourself, you know this means distributing
power to each brick with its own battery, unless you want a wire
in which case you might as well use a standard serial link :-)

Maybe now's the time for you to learn pbForth, so you can send
arbitrary byte messages from 1 RCX to another....

Cheers,

Ralph Hempel - P.Eng

<http://www.hempeldesigngroup.com/lego/pbForth>

Buy "Extreme Mindstorms: an Advanced Guide to Lego Mindstorms"
<http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1893115844/hempeldesigngrou>
Reply to:      rhempel at bmts dot com