 Robotics / 13021
RE: Palm Hardware Interface idea? + other stuff
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 2 Nov 2000 19:30:10 GMT

yes, cool idea.
I have a learning curve to
go through, but I'd be interested
in pursuing this.
Incidentally, it was that palm
kit mentioned on slashdot (actually
I got there via Wired.com)
that I'm waiting on...
acroname.com have created a kit
under licence from MIT as described
I've ordered but it's early days
and they haven't begun shipping yet...

(and off-the-wall again,
I read about different OS/firmware
for the brick, is anybody
pursuing porting embedded linux
or am I being dumb even asking?)

I'd still appreciate feedback on
the radio-control feature of the
cybermaster if anybody
has experience with it

I also found a reference to an O'Reilly
book on mindstorms that seems
to cover a lot of ground in detail
anybody have it? worth ordering?

sorry if this is turning
into "newbie-stream-of-consciousness-stuff"
but I was reading an article about
"swarm computing" (yeah, yeah, I hear you say...)
( http://www.linuxworld.com/linuxworld/lw-2000-10/lw-10-futurecomputing.html
)
and got to thinking about what could be achieved
with a number of rcx bricks, maybe,
to come back to your comment,
co-ordinated by a palm or pc...
kind of semi-autonomous but