 Robotics / 130
  Re: pneumatics & mindstorms?

Chris (...) 1: (...) a (...) What sort of gearing do you need to operate the switches from a motor? Do you have any pictures of this assembly? I've often thought about trying it but never got around to doing it since I assumed that the power would (...) (26 years ago, 13-Oct-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: pneumatics & mindstorms?

(...) Fortunately, the new technic motor doesn't need gearing down to throw an air switch. just directly connect a liftarm between motor and switch, but use a whit slip gear inbetween for safety. Eric (26 years ago, 13-Oct-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: pneumatics & mindstorms?

Andy Bower wrote in message ... (...) With a lot of fiddling I managed to get a worm gear directly attached to a micromotor to operate the switch via a toothed plate. It made the whole assembly fairly compact (3x12x5 or so), but slow and noisy. (...) (26 years ago, 14-Oct-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: pneumatics & mindstorms?

Moz (...) assembly (...) horizontally, (...) Micromotor (...) through (...) that (...) Thanks, I might give that a whirl. Andy Bower (26 years ago, 14-Oct-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: pneumatics & mindstorms?

Pulleys and a rubber band should serve the same purpose as a slip gear. (...) (26 years ago, 14-Oct-98, to lugnet.robotics)