 Robotics / 12742
Re: Lego Stores in Canada
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 11 Oct 2000 23:32:47 GMT

Any chance you still have their phone number?

Thanks!

In lugnet.robotics, Jerry Kalpin writes:
I just came back from the St Jacobs Outlet Mall, near Waterloo Ontario, where
I discovered a Lego Store.  It is not associated with Lego (they say).
However, they do have lot quantities of kits at reduced prices, so there must
be some connection.  Here's the interesting part:  There is a rack there full
of Technic service kits, some with connectors, some with belts, motors,
pneumatic hand pumps, sets of fibre-optic strands, etc etc.  The kits are ID'd
only by cat no. so you need to know ...what they are! They explained that Lego
had closed their warehouse in Markham Ontario and had sold that inventory to
them for disposal rather than returning it elsewhere.  For example, I bought a
new 5225 motor for CAN$14.95 and a set of 4 shock-absorbers for CAN$4.00.

There is another such Lego Store in the Cookstown Outlet Mall, at hwy 400 and
89.  I do not know if any of the service kits are available there.

Jerry