 Robotics / 12681
Re: A neat idea for touch sensors
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 5 Oct 2000 13:17:19 GMT

lego-robotics@crynwr.com (Tilman Sporkert) writes:

There are the Cybermaster touch sensors with resistors,
but that's a rather expensive solution.

Some time ago somebody came up with a complicated wiring
scheme to connect multiple Cybermaster touch sensors in
series to a single input port.

That probably was me
(http://www.mpi-sb.mpg.de/~juergen/lego/cybermaster-touchsensors.html).

That required a lot of Lego wires, put together in funny
ways (only partially overlapping etc.)

I used five wires for convenience, since I have enough of them.
But you can get by with just three wires if you connect them
directly to the sensors and the input port in a loop (this is
somebody else's idea, unfortunately I forgot whose and where I
saw it).  If I remember correctly you have to half-overlap the
cables with the sensors, i.e. connectors side by side with the
sensor in the middle below and both wires pointing sideways in
the same direction.  On the input port put them on top of each
other, with the wires in the same direction.

Jürgen

--
Jürgen Stuber <stuber@loria.fr>
http://www.loria.fr/~stuber/