 Robotics / 12603
12602  |  12604
Subject:
New to Lego bots - Where to get Technic parts?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 27 Sep 2000 23:46:34 GMT

Hello everybody, I just signed on this list and I am completely new to
Lego-based robotics -- but I am quite excited about it all!  If I had only
had this when I was a kid!  (And had more free time!)

Anyway, I do have an opening question.  I've visited several websites that
detail people's own Lego creations, and I've seen they rely a lot on Legos
from the Technic set.  I've also hit limits in running out of parts that
came with my standard Invention Set 1.5.  My question is, though, is there
a general Technic set that contains a bunch of handy parts (like the clutch
and such) that can be bought in a single package?  I've surfed Lego's
websites but haven't acquired much detail.  Visiting the local toyshops
around here only yields a few limited, small Technic sets.  I'm wondering
if I can purchase larger sets online...without blowing a lot of money
getting a bunch of smaller sets that only give me one or two sets of useful
parts...

Any info would be appreciated!
      'Wolf of Fenrir' - Canis Dirus Maximus
   Gaping Wolf Software: http://gapingwolf.com