 Robotics / 12489
Re: How 2 Augment RIS 1.5? (ebay comments)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 20 Sep 2000 21:05:54 GMT

on 9/20/00 3:50 PM, Jeffrey Hazen at jeffrey.hazen@northmill.net wrote:

Check out yard sales, Ebay, etc.  Watch out on Ebay, however.

I second that.  I purchased a few much sought after 84xx sets on Ebay, and
my wallet cried and bled.  I would suggest that you not go after MIB (mint
in box) or MISB (mint in sealed box) sets, as they fetch a premium from
anal-retentive toy collectors.  You know all the pieces are there (well,
usually) but IMHO you are better of buying "lots" of miscellaneous legos or
opened sets.  The last batch i bought is a good example of such a "lot":

  http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=436302721

As you can see, the sets are opened, boxes trashed, etc... but the nifty
parts are there at a slightly reduced price--albeit still too expensive, but
all things being relative...

-Adam
adamsmith@mediaone.net
adam@airraidsirens.com