 Robotics / 12322
12321  |  12323
Subject:
New Lego fall sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 4 Sep 2000 19:43:39 GMT

Hello all,

Today I got my hands on a new (Belgian) Lego catalog of september.  In it, I
find a lot of new models (for Belgium and The Netherlands), such as the
DSDK, those two huge Star Wars models and a lot of racing creatures.

Now I want to ask a question to anyone who might already have bought 8485
(http://www.lego.com/silverchampion) or 8457
(http://www.lego.com/powerpuller).  Are these sets of any use to us Robot
builders?  I think of 8458 with its impressively light suspension, and of
8457 for the chainlinks and the many decorative elements.

The service packs that have vanished, are now replaced by the so called
"power packs", 5 boxes with wheels, decorative elements, a new battery
pack/motor combination, a chassis and pneumatic parts.  These can only be
ordered on the website at http://www.lego.com/powerpacks .

I also wanted to ask if the Roboriders are of any use because of the special
pieces they contain.

Please do give your comments...

Simon