 Robotics / 12298
Re: External supply for RCX
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 1 Sep 2000 16:28:08 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Andreas Mattern <andreas.mattern@ikm.uni-karlsruhe.de>
writes:
They work really well - the GMLTC uses the adaptors to power the RCXs we use
on our train layout.  It's a LOT cheaper than buying batteries!

Speaking of batteries, the manual advises against using rechargeable ones.
Does anyone have experience with that? Why not use them?

I've been using rechargable Eveready Renewals in one of my RCX's for quite a
few months without any problems... I think it is the lower 1.2 volt compared
to the 1.5V of a standard battery that they are concerned with.

Dave