 Robotics / 12230
RE: Rotary to linear motion
Newsgroups:
Date:
Fri, 25 Aug 2000 14:15:53 GMT

"You see, I had this space suit. How it happened was like this ..."
(Opening lines from Robert A. Heinlein's Have Space Suit-Will Travel)

-----Original Message-----
From: news-gateway@lugnet.com [mailto:news-gateway@lugnet.com]On Behalf
Of Jeffrey Hazen
Sent: Friday, August 25, 2000 10:08 AM
To: lego-robotics@crynwr.com
Subject: Rotary to linear motion

I think someone posted a question awhile back about how to turn rotary to
linear motion.  I was playing with my daughters today, and stumbled on a
neat mechanism in one of the "throw bots" (I think it's "Granite").  It has
a nifty rack and pinion gearbox, complete with enclosure.

Jeff
jeffrey.hazen@northmill.net