 Robotics / 12213
Re: Thoughts & Issues w/ Vision Command
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Wed, 23 Aug 2000 21:08:24 GMT

This sounds like progress.  Now I just need to learn more about the messages
VC is sending to the RCX.

Is there a way to upload a program from the RCX to the computer.  I'd like
to know more about what is send to the program 5 slot.  What does it do?
How much space does it take up?

Ryan

It's my understanding that when Vision Command detects motion (or color -
however you have it set), it sends a Message to the RCX. The Message is • the
number of the onscreen Vision Command Region that was triggered. Vision
Command also sends "in range" messages to the RCX every five seconds; if • no
response is received, the Vision Command "program" terminates.

So, what you must do is write your program to respond to messages
(corresponding to screen regions in the mask you've selected) as well as
sensor input, and download this program into any RCX program slot except
five. Once Vision Command has started up, you must switch the RCX from
program five to your program. This must be accomplished between "in range"
messages to prevent Vision Command from terminating.

[Thanks to Mindstorms host Envcons for the info!]

Issac.