 Robotics / 12121
Re: Linux & RCX mini-HOWTO- comments/thoughts?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 13 Aug 2000 15:10:34 GMT

Luis Villa <liv@duke.edu> wrote:
* Under Windoze/DOS, this somehow doesn't matter - so you can have four
  serial devices.
* Under Linux, this somehow DOES matter - so you can only have two.
<pouts> That's unusual. I trust our gurus to be better than theirs. :)

I'm not sure this is true. In the kernel compile options, under "Extended
dumb serial driver options", there is a choice for "Support for sharing
serial interrupts". There's also a "Support more than 4 serial ports"
option.

--
Matthew Miller                     --->                 mattdm@mattdm.org
Quotes 'R' Us                    --->              http://quotes-r-us.org/