 Robotics / 12096
Re: Motor and Generator
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 11 Aug 2000 23:41:24 GMT

I have used two motors connected via cable as part of a limited slip
differential in my Honda NSX model (rear wheels).  Basically, each wheel
has a motor connected to it, and when one wheel turns, the other wheel
wants to turn too.  But since a motor/generator combination has a
built-in drop in efficiency, this allows the wheels to move at different
speeds if needed, as a differential should allow for.
--
Cheers,
Henry C.