 Robotics / 12083
  REPLYTO field.

Is there any way we can make messages coming from this list have the list's name in the 'ReplyTo' field instead of the author's name. 1) This is the ONLY list out of a dozen that I'm subscribed to that works this old-fashioned way...so I'm forever (...) (24 years ago, 11-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: REPLYTO field.

<SNIP> (...) Why not turn a news reader to lugnet.com instead? I found it more efficient then this e-mail thingie. For more info: (URL) is a bunch of news-groups (including local groups and a Technic group) and a lot of info that never reaches this (...) (24 years ago, 11-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: REPLYTO field.

  Re: REPLYTO field.

(...) attachments don't get posted in the newsgroup, although they get posted in the mailing list. And that's a big flaw in my opinion. Well, it seems like there are but two e-mails containing attachments in my whole lego-robotics mailbox, that's (...) (24 years ago, 11-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: REPLYTO field.

(...) When that happens (rarely), it does say that the attachment has been stripped. So you could contact the author and ask for a link to it elsewhere. (24 years ago, 11-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: REPLYTO field.

(...) It'd be nice if all newsgroups simply rejected postings with attachments (and ideally, would bounce the whole thing back to the sender). The number of such postings may be small, but it seems like they're always useless, always huge, and (...) (24 years ago, 11-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: REPLYTO field.

(...) Lesser of two evils: It's better for that to happen accidentally than for the reverse to happen accidentally (sending a reply to the whole list when you think you're talking to only one person)! Of course, the ultimate geek thing would be if (...) (24 years ago, 12-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: REPLYTO field.

(...) Another couple of reasons: If the 'Reply-To:' header is set to the list, then the probability goes way up that auto-reply handlers (i.e, "I'm on vacation" notices and so fort) will find their way to the list when they should have gone instead (...) (24 years ago, 12-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: REPLYTO field.

(...) Which seems silly because spam-harvesters can (and probably do) read the reply-to header as well as the from one. (24 years ago, 12-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: REPLYTO field.

(...) Speaking of the ultimate geek thing: one of my friends has solved this problem by setting up a procmail filter which discards messages with bodies with identical md5sums.... (24 years ago, 12-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: REPLYTO field.

(...) I agree. But people still do it (and .NOSPAM. and a zillion other forms). --Todd (24 years ago, 12-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics)